Courtesy of Anthony De Palma of Evviva Cucina in Westford, MA.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb sausage meat, loose
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 tbls garlic, minced
- 2 tbls salt
- 1 tbls parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup porcini, thawed pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 oz dried porcini in 1/2 cup hot water
- 96 oz crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- Shaved parmigiano
- Pasta choices of either pappardelle, rigatoni or orrechiette
- Using hot water, soak dried porcini for 10 minutes
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed, sauce pot over high heat and saute onion, celery and carrot for 6-8 minutes
- Add beef and sausage. Cook until browned very well. Using a spatula, break apart meat so that it is in small crumbles.
- Add porcini, garlic and salt.
- Add red wine and cook 4 minutes then add tomatoes and soaked mushrooms
- Stir in heavy cream and simmer for 1 hour over medium low heat.
- Boil your favorite shaped pasta till al dente and toss with Bolognese sauce
- Top with some fresh shaved Parmigiano and yell “EVVIVA”
Evviva Cucina is located at 7 Cornerstone Square, Westford MA.